Sunday 3 April 2016

'Sweet Summer Memories' using Prima's French Riviera collection.

Another page from me in less than a week.... 
Now that I have more time for scrapbooking I hope to have something scrap related to share on a more regular basis. I am using some of my new supplies and having a lot of fun. Do you remember the other day I told you I was working on a page using the new Prima collection 'French Riviera', 
well here it is:


I picked the pretty woodboard paper and played with some mixed media supplies on top. 
I used an older photo that was actually taken in Provence (where we have spent so many Summers over the years). This one was taken at least four years ago...

Here is a photo strip sharing my process:

1.Painting my flowers with some blue mist. 
2. Painting my doilies
3. The bare basics, page setup before adding photo and embellishments.


I used my Prima metal dies for the doilies and the leaves. I dyed the doilies using different mists and sprays (Blue Fern Sky, Prima color Bloom and another one from my stash I dont know the name of)


I used chipboard fromm Blue Fern Studios for a bit of extra texture. 
This one is called Quatrefoil Panel and I only used a piece of it.


I love the look of Fainnabair's gold mica flakes. They are so shiny and pretty and add 
a lot to the page. I even used some Finnabair Art Ingredients clear glass beads.  
I added them both to the Ingvild Bolme resin frame and inside the chipboard design.


I added a couple of yellow flowers from my stash to echo my DD's yellow shirt. The fabric flowers were part of a glorious RAK from my dear friend Eila, one of the nicest ladies in scrapbooking.



This is quite a layered page as you can see from this view. I used thick cardboard 
between the layers of paper and between the photo and photo mat as well.


That's all for today. Thanks for dropping by and for any comments you leave me. 
I hope you enjoy the rest of the week end!!

4 comments:

  1. So gorgeous, as always! I love the Prima French Riviera collection and have to use any of it, but you have inspired me to pull it out. Your design is lovely, as are your daughters. I really like how you've pulled in colors from the photos and especially like the little frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful.. love the color combo.. the photo is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colour matching with the Prima papers and flowers. Your daughters are absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolute stunning page my dear friend. Love the pops of yellow...and you are really diving into the mixed media now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...