Monday 3 September 2012

My fifth and last week as Special Agent at CSI. Case file # 35.

When Debbi asked me quite some time ago if I would be Special Agent for August, I did not jump at the chance straight away. I have quite a lot on my plate and I had to think wheather I would be able to fullfill my obligations. I said yes at first thinking I would do 'a few case files'. 
Turned out I did them all! I was a little late posting all but one case file but Debbi being a very gracious lady gave me some extra time when I needed it. Tonight I just managed to finish my lo in time to take a picture of it before darkness fell. Lucky for me the US is six hours behind,...LOL!

Here it is:




I so love the added depth of that fabulous frame!
This is what the lo looks like without the frame:


 I absolutely do not like the messy handwriting part here. To me that is the most prominent feature on the page. I did not, however, have time to do the journalling on my pc this time. It'll heve to do!


Here are some close ups:


This is a lovely photo of my two eldest daughters. 
We were on vacations in the South of France and we were happy we'd found  fields and fields  of gorgeous sunflowers!


I used a white Bazzil as a base and smudged some of the paint colours on there. I layered a blue paper on top and fastened my bits with stitching. I painted a thick layer of gesso. After cutting the blue and green paper with pinking scissors, just a little larger than my doily, I layered the two on top as well. Then I painted around the brim of my circular shape with yellow to symbolize a very abstract sun.


 My evidence this week is: paint, flowers, sun
And for my testimony I am documenting a vacation.


 I love the look of he beautiful sewn border here. I cut it from an older specialty sheet by Prima. I still have some of the machine stitched papers that they came out with about three years ago. 
Actually I have been hoarding them,...There; I said it!!...But now the time has come to use them!


I used a mixture of all 'possible' brands of flowers on this. -But mostly Prima's and Petaloo's. 
The green tag is by Les Papiers de Pandore and I cut the yellow one with a die.


I quite like the mix of paint and stitches in this corner. It looks so layered. 
The letter stickers are by October Afternoon.The blue and green patterned paper is by Lily Bee, and the green title is a chipboard from Prima.


I am leaving you with a view of the kind of layering I have used on this page. I think there are about nine layers around the photo.
It is not as bulky as some of my pages but there is still  lot of texture.


 Thanks so much for dropping by. 
I recommend you head over to CSI Color Stories Inspiration to have a peek at what the other guest designers and the awesome DT did. It is well worth it.

I would like to say a big thank you to Debbie for having me as a 'Special Agent' for the latest five case files. I have enjoyed it very much!

.

23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page with so many wonderful details!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Lo and adorable photo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool work Bente sweet picture great layers and details.I love the colors.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denne layouten er bare såå fin! Herlige farger, stilig lag på lag! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeee the photo, the flowers and LOVING that big doily!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUPER gorgeous!!!! The layering is amazing, the colors are fabulous...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an adorable page Bente, plenty of delicated details, love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. bente this is so outstanding and beautiful ... your work has been magnificent for CSI ... so inspiring and magical, warm hugz to you x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Bente this is just gorgeous! Love the layers and the way you effortlessly blended the colors...stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful layering! All the details are so awesome and beautiful! Always in love with all your layouts <3 TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nydelig LO, flotte farger og mange fine detaljer her :)
    klem

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous ! J'aime la superposition des papiers ! Et les couleurs sont superbes !

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing!! LOVE the stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have SO loved having you as SI and as Heather says, each and one of your pages have been gorgeous!! but I think this one is my own very special fave! It just sings to me and makes me so happy. Your beautiful girls, the sun flowers and all the totally stunning layers and details. I LOVE THIS ONE!! Hoppas du mår bra vännen, har inte sett dig på länge. Allt väl? Kramkram

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning layout Bente!! Full of all your gorgeous trademark layers!! Yes I remember the Prima stitched papers - they really were beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow i need to visit your blog more often!!!

    I love all the layers the shabby-ness the mixed media about this page & the flower's!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is seriously a stunning piece of artwork, Bente! So many nooks and crannies of goodness...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah, the queen of layering does it again! Beautiful work Bente. The blue and yellow scheme is gorgeous. I am sure your daughters will cherish seeing your own handwriting on this layout years from now. I also hoarded the Prima stitched papers...and what a wonderful way you have just shown me to use it (in bits)...that way it lasts longer.

    ReplyDelete
  19. a real work of art Bente!
    Absolutely stunning!
    TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  20. this one is truly gorgeous Bente! a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a spectacular page to finish a stunning work as guest designer, love every juicy layer you have created here!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...