Sunday 25 September 2011

An earthy combo at Color Combos Galore using Hambly and woodgrain.



I can't believe it has been almost a week since my last post,...Where did time go?

This week at CCG the colours are tones of brown and tan with a burst of amber orange. The colours  look very lovely together but I will admit that I had great difficulty going through my extensive stash looking for anything that would match the combo. I pulled out everything that would work and just added it all to my page.
Rummaging through my stash I found I have little brown and little or no orange. I realized I am more of a pink, green, teal,and cream girl.
But this is how my page turned out anyway;



The designer challenge said use  for example woodgrain and lined paper which I did. I used a piece of transparency by Hambly tht had a woodgrain pattern. I bought two but have still been hoarding them. They are so pretty. For the middle photo mat I used a paper from DCWV that has the pattern of a tree trunk.My journaling was written on some graph/lined paper from Prima arketing.
I had to use a lot of editing on this and the contrast I applied made my page look a little lighter than in real life.

And this is the Inspiration Board for this week;




































And then the customary close ups;

The chipboard butterflies and the large branch are by House of Three, Parisian Anthology. The same goes for the piece underneath my title.I added some half glass beads to the tips of the branches.

The little bird house was cut from a piece of the Hambly woodgrain transparency and I made a small roof for it as well as added a tiny button.In the background underneath my photo mat I have use cheese cloth or muslin that I dyed with strong coffee to get the right tone of light brown. At least my lo smells good!























I put a lot of my embellishments down the side layered on top of the transparency. The round spots are made with a Spellbinders die.























I love to use a sepia or black/white photo with these kinds of colours. It can be difficult to find a suitable photo otherwise. I used Webster's Pages letter stickers for my title.























The photo was taken in Provence this Summer when Beatrice and I went for a walk and we had our own little photo shoot. We took a lot of nice photos and had a lot of fun until my memory card was completely full and it was time to walk home for a new one.























I hope you enjoyed looking at what I have been up to.

And a report on my computer,... As Monty Python would say IT IS NO MORE, it is completely deceased like the dead parrot.My two beautiful memory drives that were for all my photos had been ruined by lightning. When the nice computer repair man tried to replace them with a new one that one broke as well. So we have mutually decided that I have to make a change. Fortunately I made a copy of my pics in the eleventh hour and fingers crossed I got all of them. I have not been able to  check yet. Now I am on the look for a new PC.
I am blogging (far too seldom, though) on Alexandra's laptop, but editing and posting on the laptop takes me FOREVER,...it does ...really!
Hope you are all enjoying your week end.
Bye for now!

14 comments:

  1. You always ROCK the distressed layers!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page ! Hoping you'll have a new PC soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, I know how you are feeling with the computer woes I have lost my pictures twice!...very distressing!! time for another back up!!
    As for your layout STUNNING!!!!!!!!!! I love the woodgrain effect you made with the distressing and stitching to the right and left of the layout just wowed me!!....love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this one Bente and oh dear, sorry about your computer, such a drag!!! take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout is incredible...absolutely stunning! I love the all the beautiful distressed edges, the branch and the way you've added the glass beads to the ends, the gauze adds such lovely texture and interest and how totally cool is that bird house that you created!! A stunning photo of Beatrice and so many beautiful embellies to pull it all together. :) Shame man, PC troubles are the worst but thankfully you were able to backup your photos in time. Happy PC shopping... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bente
    First of all THANKYOU so much for the gift that I received from you in the mail today. It was such a lovely surprise (especially since I had forgotten all about it!) It was so exciting going through all the gorgeous selection of products that you sent. Big Thankyou Hugs xx
    as for your LO it is exquisite. The colors look amazing with your precious photo

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning!!! love the distressing and the gorgeus colors!!! hope you'll get a new PC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Bente!!
    Sorry it's been long between comments....
    OH! MY! This layout is Utterly STUNNING (as always)
    So love those layers & you have worked magic with this weeks Color Combo!!!!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also Hope all go well with the New PC & your photos.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is STUNNING!!! I enjoy looking at every single details, so much to see, so much to love, thanks for sharing!

    Thanks for your sweet comment for my shadow box post, and thanks for your encouraging words too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Bente this is simply gorgeous! Love the layers and your entire mix.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! What a stunning LO!! Love all your details and may well scraplift some ideas from here! Love the ruffled distressed/stitched edges and the soft cheese cloth tucked in behind!! I'm a new follower too. ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it. You do orange well although you might not like it. I love the stitching and the layering...and that cheesecloth gives such wonderful dimension to your layout. Well done Bente.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning layout! I love the orange with the neutrals like that! How cool is that woodgrain transparency too! Awesome work, Bente!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...