Monday 19 September 2011

Bright colourful combo at CCG. Use a portrait type photo.

Time for another rewarding challenge  at Color Combos Galore.
When I first saw the combo I thought,... holy schmoly,..that's bright....
And it IS bright, but the two other colours do a lot to tone down the melon and orange this week.

I am not really an 'orange' kinda gal,...but look at this bright happy page that came from the combo.






































Before I say more just let me share the happy combo we have for you this week;







































I started with a paper from Pebbles inc and used gesso with a mask to create a background pattern.
I traced around the gesso with a pen.
I have been wanting to add cheese cloth to my layiouts but have not found any until now. I used it as a base for mytitle and embellishments.
The designer challenge called for a single person photo.This picture of middle DD Victoria was taken at Dan's 50th birthday party in August.

























 I found a paper with teal dots in my stash and wanted to use that as a base for my title.I did not have the right colour so I had to buy some letter Thickers in the right dark colour teal. The kit we received at Ingvild's workshop had some mini roses just the right colour so they came in handy.

 The beautiful chipboard branch is from Imaginarium designs.






































The dress form is from House of Three Parisian Anthology and I added some liquid pearl in grey.




I stamped the journaling in a very haphazard way.

You are most welcome over to CCG to see what all the talented girls of the DT have creatded!

Thanks for visiting me. See you soon again!

11 comments:

  1. Well, I must say, you TOTALLY ROCKED that color combo!! This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeee that photo, the flowers and the dress form! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Så sjukt fint!! Jag försöker signa upp för forumet på CCG men får aldrig något mail för att kunna aktivera kontot. Hittar inget på sidan heller vem jag ska kontakta, men du kanske kan hjälpa mig med det...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might not be your usual style...but you nailed the color challenge and the sepia photo looks wonderful with these colors. Gorgeous embellies too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful beautiful LO and girl too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Veldig herlige farger, og jättekul layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING layout! love how you´ve combined the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Victoria is absolutely stunning - what a lovely photo of her too!! LOVE the gesso mask & the gauze!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is absolutely stunning Bente! You really did a gorgeous piece of art with the color pallet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bente...this layout is gorgeous I absolutely love the colours....stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bente this page is STUNNING ..I love at all!!!You are a very talented lady and I feel so honored to work with you!!
    Thanks for always coming to my blog and leave so many nice and sweet comments.
    You make me a very happy person.
    I wish a wonderful weekend.
    Kisses and huges from Brazil
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  11. As I wrote over at CCG, you did absolutely fab with the palette Bente! I especially love the gesso, accordion bloom and that scrunched pleated bit under the title work. Decided not to play as I really cannot be bothered to squeeze out something in colours that are totally so not likeable to me but can certainly appreciate the lovely work of the DT! Thanks buddy for the kind words on my Autumn Glory page over at Pandore's, really so sweet of you! Have a fabbo weekend with that sweet family of yours. Kramis jamis

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...