Friday 19 August 2011

Time for a new Combo at CCG using "Garden Party" and a Pink Paislee SALE

Thursday again and a new challenge at Colour Combos Galore.

The challenge this time includes four gorgeous colours to be used in combination. And you also have a designers challenge to use woven material on your layout. I was not sure what kind of material to use so I grabbed one of my Webster's Pages 8x8 packets of fabric. The teal is a bit darker I think than the one in the photo but it works.
The colour looked one way on my screen, but when I printed a swatch it looked completely different....

This is the layout I made:


The papers I used are "Garden Party" by  "Les Papiers de Pandore". 
This is such a beautiful collection and the colours are just so so lovely!!
I used the teal sheet as my base and shaped the red pp to add in the centre. On top I placed a circle that I framed with a pink flower branch from Prima. I added a piece of the teal Webster's fabric around the branch and even made a bow. I even mixed in other flowers in the right colours.
The beautiful top and bottom swirls were cut from the patterned papers. Even the journaling spot I cut from the same paper. I laced my layout with a lot of gesso around all the edges and borders, that gives a subdued teint to the red colour.

This is the pretty Inspirational board telling us about the new challenge:



And here comes a few close ups:


 The beautiful chipboard butterfly was sprayed with Maya Road mists, but the colour came out much darker on the kraft coloured chipboard then on a white paper. (It almost looks brown IRL.,...unfortunately...)
I added a couple of half pearls to embellish the butterfly chip.


The title was written with Prima fabric letter stickers.
I know I have used this font a lot, but I really really LOVE it!

My journalling reads something like this:

" You are growing into a young adult
and every day we see more clearly
what a fine young lady you have become.
We are so proud of you!"


I just thought I would share this news from the Pink Paislee Blog with you:

They are having a BIG WAREHOUSE SALE again. This will be their 3d annual big sale and I greatly recommend it.
I have ordered on both previous occasions and have been excited with all the goodies that I received.

It goes without saying that I ordered one as soon as I saw this.
It is really a shame though that half of what you and up paying is postage.
Sometimes I think that you US-people out there are very lucky!! LOL!

This is not a very good picture that I copied from the PP blog.
But this link HERE will take you directly.







That's all for today my friends.
Come back soon, will ya...



9 comments:

  1. Wowee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bente this is BEAUTIFUL! Love the circular flower frame! Fantastic work and yeah that colour combo is awesome! I'll definately have to play along if I can! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally & Utterly Gorgeous Bente!!!!
    I seen this Layout over @ CCG & throught that this is Completey Gorgeous...........
    LOVE all your details!! Enjoy your Weekend.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeee that photo and love love love love all the flowers and lace! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl this Lo is so so beautiful!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rackarns vad du fick mandom mod och morske kraft på din semester, du är ju rena mean scrap machine! vart jag än vänder mig ser man en ny härlig layout som du har skapat! These papers really are so yummie and you have scrapped them to gorgeousness! Alex truly is such a strikingly beautiful young woman. Kraaaam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout Bente! Love the layers...and this color palette suits you well! gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page Bente!!!love the flower vine ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, the way you used the vine, flowers and lace looks like she is cradled on a branch, stunning work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page!!! I love what you did with the fabric and the lovely photo!! I hope the Birthday party was a success and you had a great time!!! Thanks you dear for the Birthday wishes!!! I was sick and then this last Sunday the hurricane Irene swept our island, we're fine but we've been without electric service until yesterday, but such is life, lol!! Take Care my friend!! HUGS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...