Saturday 30 April 2011

Color Combos Galore 190. "Nikki Sivils" "It's Raining it's Pouring"

At Color Combos Galore we are playing with the cute papers from "Nikki Sivils" again this week.
She has been sponsoring the site this month and this is the second week that we in the DT make a layout using the line "It's Raining It's Pouring" that she so generously has given us.
Thank you so much Nikki!

This is the layout that I created with this weeks combo.







































And here is the Combo 190 that you should use for your entries this week.





The inspiration photo with the three children is very pretty and the added challenge this week is to scrap about siblings or/and pets.
I am sure the gallery will be overflowing with beautiful creations this coming week!!...lol! I can't wait to see what stunners you will upload in the next few days!

This would not be my blog should I not post a lot of close ups.... :-)...right...?
Actually, my layout this week was pretty straight forward, and did not have many 'special features' to accentuate. I used a lot of my Nikki papers last time so I had to think about this one a little.
I decided to stretch the collection with some DCWV cardstock in the right olive tone.



























I used the cardstock mainly to create a sun shape. I added some pleated Maya Road ribbon from            Your Scrapbook Stash around the edge of my sun to get the impression of little sun rays.
The cute little cloud is cut from the elements sheet in Nikki's collection and so was the little sentiment.


























I made a rosette flower, I seem to be very fond of those at the moment. i think it is because I finally found out that I have to make the pleats really narrow for it to work. Previously they always turned out very 'high'. I did not like that, as I have so many other things that will normally add bulk to my pages.
Even the little banner was made with the NS collection papers. It was held together with twine. The blue strips underneath the photos are from the Nikki Sivils element sheet,too.

























My journaling is about my youngest DD Beatrice and our kitten Lady ( popular in my photos, she is sooo cute!!)
They love each other those two ,...that's for sure!
I added quite a bit of precious lace to this layout to make it soft and sweet to frame my two little darlings.


























I am photographing this in the grass outside.Isn't that fantastic...?
Finally Spring is definitely here and Winter has withdrawn at last. Thank God for that!

Thanks for visiting me!

10 comments:

  1. A very nice work with fantastic colours and texture ! I love it !
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Bente....great color choice and adorable pictures. Thank you for sharing your lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring sure has sprung, Bente, doesn't it make you feel so much different, the urge to get outside almost takes over LOL. Well I love the layout, especially the sun idea with the pleated ribbon and I adore those rosette flowers, must admit I am lazy and use the Tim Holtz die thinking of getting his new one which features the rosette in smaller sizes. The lace adds a delicate, precious feel to the layout as it should because of the precious things it is about, love it. Tks for visiting my blog recently, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bente, this page is just gorgeous, I love all your detailed stitching! The photos are darling! Just a beautiful page! And thank you so much for your kind words on my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just so amazing!!!!! When I first looked at this CC at CCG, I thought it looked a bit hard to do....YOU make it look so EASY! I adore your stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bent i love this layout!!!And flower you make??
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. That inspo photo looks way too awesome!! Your layout is terrific, seriously how fantastic is your use of the trims? awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bello, Bello!! I love your page, the distressing, the lace,buttons, the pleats and the lovely photo!! Another Beautiful page!! A Big Hug!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bente! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, I love the sweet handmade details in your flowers and embellishments! XO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...