Friday 18 March 2011

Color Combos Galore # 184

In my DT kit from Your Scrapbook Stash I received soem Echo park *Be Mine* and I just love the beautiful patterns and pretty colours of the papers!

Although from the beginning a Valentines release they are versatile and can be used for all kinds of girly pages I think.

I was happy to see that I could use this line for making my page for  Color Combos Galore this week.
I must admit that I had a hard time finding the exact right colours for the mustard seed but at least I tried. I have not had much time to enjoy shopping lately so I had to make do.
It is rather an unusual, yet lovely hue.

I suppose if I had been brought into the world of mists and other mysteries (I will..I promise..!) I could have tried with that.




Still here it is.
I am happy that I got to document this moment in my DD Victoria's life. She is with some of her friends after graduation-service at the local parish church, and we are going back to the school for a meal with all the graduating pupils, teachers and parents.
It is such a big day and she had been preparing for the events of this whole week for a long time.



The prompt this week was to use sheer ribbon on the layout.
I used that and I even used a premade lovely sheer bloom from Lily Bee. The larger flower is handmade.
I received the pink roses as a gift from a friend far away. (Thanks N!) They were a bit chunky for my lo so I cut them in halves to make them well...,half as chunky. I then coated the back with glue so they would not disintegrate. I think they are lovely and a great colour for this combo. They are made of a rubbery material.
I even used bling stones the same colour as in the inspiration photo.
































I LOVE this frame.
It is one of a very few items from Dusty Attic that I have been able to get my hands on!
I painted it and used it to frame a music patterned sheet.
I put the name of the song that Victoria sang solo in church. It is called 'Goodbye to you'. She changed parts of the text to make it more fitting for the occation.  And I can say that hardly an eye was dry in that congregation. I think she was so brave to do that!


























I used some older Pink Paislee for the title down the side.



Some more closeups;































It is my intention to be back later with another layout to share. I did one for TCR this week but have not been able to photograpth it in daylight. I was thrilled to see that I could use this Echo Park collection for that challenge too...

Hope to see you later!

6 comments:

  1. *wink* no probs B!

    You know I love the fact you threw the black in there! It really sets everything off doesnt it? You are doing fantastic word..I hope you are well..Take care, Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bente this is truly exceptional! Love that backing paper by EP - I remember that range looking a bit harshly cerise to me but you have made it look soft & lovely - and I keep hearing about this Dusty Attic stuff but I do all my shopping online at US stores (YSS this time actually...) but no-one seems to stock them - are they Aus based? You have done really, really well with this one. I had actually forgotten about your stunning big daughter - she is such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bente, your work is always giving me so much inspiration! I love the crafted flowers, gorgeous!! And what a great design here.. you did absolutely beautiful work! xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Dusty Attic. So hard to get my hands on though!

    I love how you took a Valentines line and made it fit. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can captured that Great Moment on your Lovely page!! I remember when I graduated from high school Oh My!! was a Great Time!! Beautiful Work as always!! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How perfect that these photos had the Colours in them, gorgeous photos. The flowers look great and I like how you matted the frame with the music paper and the large flower is delish.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...