Friday 14 January 2011

YSS sponsoring Color Combos Galore # 175

This is the second week that Your Scrapbook Stash is sponsoring the challenges over at Color Combos Galore.
It is so fun to be guest designing there with the other Stash Girls.



 This is the inspiration board for this weeks challenge.

The colours this week were a little more challenging for me than last weeks.
But hey, that is why these things are called challenges, right...?

After rummaging through my extensive stash I found some suitable papers and embellishments. It is quite a rough page. Everything is layered on top of a piece of cardboard that came with one of my orders of supplies from the states. I often like to use non-scrapbook products. It is afterall quite important to think green. But of course it is impossible to go without the smell of new papers and beautiful embellishments for long!


























I punched holes and 'laced' black tulle to mimic the shoelaces. I made quite a few  flowers and I glued down a good number of little buttons.To make some of them stand out I outlined them with a pen.




















The black bird is from a QK-die.Posted by Picasa

I cut out a piece of magic mesh that would fit in the corner of my layout. I thought it would add dimension to the right side.
There is even magic mesh as part of the photo mat. I received it as a gift from a friend. Thanks Irma!

Bye for now. Come back soon!!




5 comments:

  1. Så flott denne LOen var! Digger den fargekombinasjonen!
    - kjekt at du likte FredagsSkissen! Hiv deg med på den! god helg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this page! And I am so happy to come to your blog. Its just full of inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS!! I love all the layers and the artsy techniques. Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing work, Bente! Your design, distressing, and attention to detail are just gorgeous! So thrilled to have you guest designing with us at CCG this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Bente! So original & dimensional. You & Nadia are definitely my muses at the moment ;-D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...